What can you do?
Become a member of Friends at the End.
Our members have a huge impact on the assisted dying movement. Membership includes lots of great benefits, and there’s several different membership options available.
Campaign for assisted dying:
- Join your local Friends at the End group. Don’t have a local group? Set one up! We will help you do this
- Write to your MSP/MP at https://www.writetothem.com
- Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Organise events in your local area, such as coffee mornings or public debates
- Write to the editor of your local newspaper to show support for assisted dying
- Share your personal story. If Friends at the End has helped a family member or friend and you feel able to share your story, let us know. Personal storiesare powerful tools in persuading politicians and the public.
Voice your choice
The current law is unclear and discriminatory. At present the only legal option for hastening death is voluntarily refusing food and fluid, essentially starving and dehydrating to death. This causes unnecessary distress and suffering for those dying and their family and friends.
There have been two attempts to change the law in Scotland and over 10 attempts at Westminster – all have been defeated. We work to secure further opportunities to improve end of life choices for individuals and to change the law on assisted dying.
Sign our pledge commitment to making your voice heard in the future on this subject.
If you would like to share your story contact us here.
We would love to have you onboard as a volunteer. Our volunteers have experience and expertise in health and social care, business, administration and fundraising, all the skills we vitally need to achieve our objective of changing the law in the UK.
Friends at the End has supported hundreds of people to make their individual end of life choices. We need volunteers like you who can provide comfort and support to people facing the end of their lives.
If you can spare time to help please get in touch.
We are funded solely by the voluntary donations of our supporters.
Whatever you can afford to give will have a huge impact on the work we do. Your money helps us to maintain pressure on policy makers and assist those taking cases to court in their efforts to change the law.
You could consider a regular donation by standing order, a one-off donation or leaving a gift in your will.
0141 356 4222
Friends at the End
Office 7, Block 2, Kirkhill House
Broom Road East, Newton Mearns
Glasgow G77 5LL